We are in the early stages of founding a nonprofit organization. The central mission of this project is to promote peace and resolve conflicts on a society-wide scale through the development of inner awareness, effective communication, and mutual understanding. We work to accomplish these goals through research, the production of educational materials, and the promotion of critical thinking skills to help people sort out fact from fiction and to peacefully coexist with others who come from different walks of life.
We have created a GoFundMe page to raise funds for the legal and consulting fees we’ll need to make this a reality: https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/the-enlightened-worldview-project-foundation
The most significant problems in our global society we seek to address through our work:
- Misunderstanding & miscommunication
- Fear, anger, and tribalism
- A highly charged social atmosphere, damaging our public discourse
- Weaponized news, misinformation & hyper-partisanship
- Seemingly incompatible moral & philosophical frameworks
- Mend Divisions: Build bridges between communities and peoples with different ideologies and worldviews
- Improve Communication: Study the dysfunction in public discourse and recommend new methods of dialogue
- Reduce Conflict: Work toward peace in our global society through reason, understanding and empathy
- Connect Thought to Action: Explore the frontier where the mind meets the social landscape
- Increase Personal Growth: Promote inner peace through awareness and mindfulness
Our core values:
- Non-violent communication
- Peaceful coexistence
- Critical thinking
We will work to educate people on these matters:
- How science works and how to discern legitimate science from pseudoscience. We believe that when someone understands the scientific process and how scientists do their work, they will more likely appreciate and accept consensus scientific views.
- How journalism works and how to discern credible information from misinformation. We want to help people sort out fact from fiction when they are constantly being bombarded with information, not all of which is true.
- How to develop greater self-awareness and mindfulness. We believe that such people will have more success in expressing their thoughts and feelings and will also understand other people at a deeper level.
- How to recognize that all people, even those who come from different walks of life, have shared core values. All people, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, and class background can find points of agreement if they can effectively communicate with each other. People who identify their shared core values are more likely to live in peace with others.
We are looking to add to our team these types of partnerships and relationships:
- Fiscal sponsorship by an established nonprofit organization
- Donors who recognize the social dividends that this project can provide
- A nonprofit incubator to help establish and grow our organization
- Collaborators in video and podcast production
- People interested in joining our board of directors
If you would like to get involved in any way, or to learn more about any of this, please email us email@example.com